Mental Capacity Assessment and Best Interests Assessment
Athena Social Work Services provide high quality assessments to support local authorities to meet their duties under the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Athena Social Work Services’ assessors come with a high level of knowledge and skills to independently assess best interests and make recommendations to ensure a least restrictive outcome for the adult. All assessments are person centred and robust enough to ensure the best interests of the adult are served, and to ensure that practice is not risk averse.
Athena Social Work Services can provide an assessor for one off pieces of work or assist with workflow to manage back logs of outstanding assessments. The service provided can be tailored towards your organisation’s specific needs.
Athena Social Work Services can also provide a range of other services including:
- Independent mental capacity assessment regarding managing financial and property affairs
- Independent mental capacity assessment regarding health and welfare decisions
- Independent mental capacity assessment regarding testamentary capacity
- Independent mental capacity assessment regarding conducting litigation
- Independent mental capacity assessment regarding marriage and sexual relations
- Completion of COP3 for Court of Protection applications.
Where there are challenges to Deprivation of Liberty or where there is a disagreement about a person’s mental capacity, we can offer you a highly skilled independent assessment. Our assessors have a wealth of experience within different client groups and our evidence has been used during the court process where cases cannot be resolved.